Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tick Tock

So, I'm having the longest labor anticipation ever. I started having contractions Wednesday night right after I posted my last entry. It has been a waxing and waning experience ever since. The pattern goes: contractions for most of the night about 10 minutes apart and 20-50 seconds long, contractions subside in the morning. However, today is a little different. The contractions were a little stronger last night and they have stayed all day today. I have had periods of rest today with no contractions and it seems that now they are getting a bit stronger. We'll see! I keep getting excited/scared out of my mind and then they subside. At least I've had some time to mentally prepare a little bit (as much as I possibly can for something I know nothing about!). I'm thinking we will be making the trip to Piedmont in the middle of the night or early morning and he will be born sometime tomorrow. But, who knows, because this baby is on his own time...

I thought I should finish his room since I'm in labor. :) Here's some photos of his little cozy spot:








I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out! I can't believe I waited until today to finally finish everything. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I credit that behavior to my Siders genes. Always late...

Joy crocheted the green blanket in the last photo. It is adorable and such a sweet thing to have for him. I can't wait to wrap his little naked but in it. Thanks Auntie Joy! We love you!

Well, I hope I'll be posting pics of our little bebe next time I'm on here. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. It's really cool to read this now that he's out. I am so so so so so so so so so so so excited to meet the little squirt. Yay, you guys! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I'm just now reading this. Looks like you made a pretty good prediction about when he would be born. I can't wait to see him! Planning on coming by today after work. I've been trying to call, but no one is answering. I guess you have more important things to do beside chat on the phone right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    the room looks awesome!! I so admire how you were able to work, create such a beautiful space, and prepare for the big day; I'm not surprised, b/c that's why you're gonna be such a great mom!!

    Cute blanket, Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete