Wednesday, November 12, 2008

50th Anniversary

Last night marked my 50th post here! I decided to celebrate with a little sprucing up around the place. I am enjoying the new look. I was happy to see that it's easy as pie to add a photo to the header. These Blogger people are geniuses. It also made me realize that I have very few recent pictures of myself and/or myself and Cooper where I look decent. Eek, I've been sporting the Mom hairdo (aka crappy ponytail) way too much lately. Seriously, people, I'm embarrassed to call myself a hairstylist some days. Maybe now that I'm coming out of the newborn funk I can find a little more time to sass up my 'do. But, I digress...

So, yay, new blog. Last night I was considering starting a new blog; one that would pretty much be for writing to Cooper. I think I have pretty much decided against it, considering that I have enough going on these days without the added pressure of a separate blog dedicated to my darling. I had considered it for two reasons: I want to remember as much about his life as possible and I want him to read it someday, and, I fear that not everyone wants to read so much about my baby (you know, because a blog about JUST ME is so much more interesting, ha). Ultimately, I really can't and won't deny that Cooper is a HUGE part of my life- so on my blog, weaved into my blog, dominating my blog he shall stay.

Speaking of anniversaries, my maternal Grandparents celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary yesterday. That's longer than some people get to live. They are from Ohio, children of farmers, farmers themselves, and ran off to get married without their parent's consent at the tender ages of 16 and 17. I've asked my Memaw about the circumstances of their marriage many times and every time I find out something new. Last night, she told me that my Papaw really never proposed. He had been drafted for WWII and while on their very first date he mentioned that he didn't have anybody to "come home to" after the war and that he wouldn't mind getting married if he could find someone. My Memaw told me that she promptly said, "Well, I'd marry you." Ha! So, 11 days after their first date, they ran off and got married. Kids...

Highlights of the day with Cooper:
Today I ran home from work while my client was processing to grab my scissors (thanks a lot, Mommy brain). When I walked in the door, you were all upset and crying your little heart out. Kristen was having a time getting you to calm down because you hadn't napped well all day. It broke my heart to see you like that. I grabbed you and snuggled you for a quick couple of minutes before I had to run back to work. You take after your Mommy and Granny in the tears department. You will never be able to hide the fact that you've been crying. You grow a little red mask. Circles around your eyes and little splotches on your forehead. If it weren't so sad, it'd be pretty cute. I was really bummed that I couldn't stay and comfort you longer. I wanted to quit my job right then and there. I love you, little buddy. I'll always do my best to comfort you when you are upset.

1 comment:

  1. yay! I love the new look!

    When I read yesterday's post, I was thinking about a separate Cooper blog. I think another benefit would be that you would have somewhere to talk about things that are not Cooper related so that you don't lose yourself in mommyhood, unless, of course, you want to.

    But, the problem that I'm having with multiple blogs is trying to separate myself in categories, because my mind doesn't work like that when I'm blogging. Like it's hard to be like, "Okay, professional Jennifer, go write over here and non-professional Jennifer go write over here." When my personality is all of it jumbled up.

    I think one blog is probably best. I'm totally neglecting my personal blog for my professional blog, but I'm writing personal stuff in it. Argh! Too complicated!

    ReplyDelete