Monday, October 01, 2007

Baby

I found my draft! It is not really finished but thought I'd post it anyway. I wrote this right when I found out I was pregnant and I thought I had accidently deleted it. It's about time I learned how to use this Blogger thing...

So, yes a baby. After many months of trying, it is finally here. There has been a series of emotions so far! Shock, excitement, denial, fear, and joy. There is so much to think about, so much curiosity. I can't wait to see what each day of my pregnancy brings! It is a journey I am thrilled to take. What will baby Kelley be like?

I came home from work on saturday to take the test. I had waited as long as possible but had to do it before a night on the town with Seth and Emimy! I was hopeful but tempered. To my surprise, I saw a faint pink positive line! Oh goodness. Bryan and I were hopeful but skeptical. Imagine that, us skeptical?!? The next few days were filled with thoughts of "what if?" I guess I didn't want to be disappointed so I tried not to be too excited. I'm still a little cautious.

Today, I took yet another test and got a screaming pink line. Yay! I decided to call the doctor and see when I should come in. Today! Yikes, there's nothing quite like having a pelvic exam sprung on ya! The apointment went fine. Bryan had to work but I think he would have liked to have been there. Tentative due date: June 3, 2008. My estimation: June 17, 2008. We'll see! I go back in 6 weeks for a Q&A with the midwife. I'll be about 8 weeks then.

I'm excited about telling family and friends. I know everyone will be happy. I made some cute onesies to give to B's Mom and my Mom to tell them the news. Here they are:

I wonder if any of my friends will be prego with me. I want some company!

No comments:

Post a Comment